AUDITIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to all who participated in Auditions. Please stay tuned for our next production.
MidNyte Audtion Information
Midnyte is a new 12-part web serial that will debut on March 13th, 2009. Episodes will be released every Friday for 12 weeks. They will be available to view on the Midnyte website, YouTube and on Comcast’s Utah On Demand channel. They will also be available for download from iTunes and Amazon. Each episode is approximately 5 minutes long.
Tonya wakes up alone in a stripped hotel room wearing only a hospital gown. She has no memory of how she got here or of anything else for that matter. She doesn’t even know her own name. Exploring the world, she finds that it’s deserted with the exception of four other women who have found themselves here under similar circumstances. In attempting to understand this strange, desolate place, the women discover that they all have one thing in common – a shared memory of which they do not seem to be a part.
The five main women are all somewhere in their 20’s with no particular physical characteristics.
- TONYA – Compassionate and strong in every way. A born leader. Curious and intelligent.
- NORAH – Cynical and quick to anger. Out for herself and completely disinterested in what anyone else thinks about her.
- DINA – Nervous. Paranoid. Possibly delusional.
- MOLLY – Desperate. Physically weak and somewhat aloof. Must be able to cry.
- SID – Possesses a childlike fascination with just about everything in the world around her. Genuinely happy.
- TOM and KATE (30’s) – A typical married couple.
- MARK (30+) – Male. Thick Polish accent. (Due to potential spoilers, will read as Tom with accent)
Copy/Credit. We do not have the budget to pay performers at this time, but the exposure from our various distribution outlets (particularly Comcast) should be significant
Midnyte will be shot beginning Mid-February through the end of March. Because we do not currently have the budget to pay the cast members, we will make our best effort to work with/around your schedules. Therefore, there is no definite schedule set at this time.
For many roles, the time commitment will be minimal and flexible. Some roles will only be needed for a day or two. The five main roles will be needed throughout the entire period but scheduling accommodations can be made.
Thursday, January 29 from 7 – 10 p.m.
Clift Building, 10 W. Broadway, Suite 315 (Conference Room) in downtown Salt Lake (around the corner from the Off Broadway Theatre).
Callbacks for some roles will be held Tuesday, February 3 from 7-10 p.m. in the same location.
If there is a conflict and you cannot make our audition date, you may attend callbacks for this purpose.